Shenandoah National Park – Hawksbill Mountain (Taken May 2016)
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
- Pinhoti Trail FoodSince this is only set for a 5 day hike, there will be no re-supply on this trip, so all of the food needed will be carried by us. There are two of us, but we each plan on carrying out own food and water. Stove, fuel, pot, and water filter will be split among […]
- Pinhoti Trail GearI made a separate tab for a quick reference to my gear for the time being, as I, but I wanted to type out a bit more of my gear planning, purchasing, and packing process. Still being a novice, I did have a few items already that I will be using for this hike, but […]
- Pinhoti Section Hike PlanningThis was my first endeavor of planning a section hike from “scratch”. What I mean by that is I didn’t use a pre-planned route like I have in past (Example: SNP Backcountry Trips). We decided that we wanted to do a section hike instead of a out and back hike or circuit hike. That way […]
- Pinhoti Trail Section Hike AnnouncementThe Pinhoti Trail is divided up into 31 sections, with 13 sections located in Alabama and 18 sections located in Georgia. We have a five day window coming up in early August 2020 and are planning on hiking sections 5 through 8 in Alabama (see below). This distance will cover 53.9 miles from Porter’s Gap […]
- Welcome to My Blog!!!Greetings and Salutations! Welcome to my hiking blog. My intention is to share my adventures of hiking, camping, backpacking and/or anything else outdoorsy that I find myself getting into. I’ve been fascinated about hiking, camping, and backpacking since my early 20’s. I didn’t grown up in the outdoors, so it was a very foreign world […]